Most food supplements from snac sports nutrition store are proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals that help you meet all the needs that the body needs every day. And for people who practice physical activity, the use of supplements becomes inevitable since the body cannot produce everything it needs.
Why Do People Use Supplements?
People use supplements for the most diverse reasons, such as muscle mass gain, weight loss, the search for the perfect body, treatment of diseases, intolerance to some food, and improvement in physical training performance.
Contrary to popular belief, supplements should not replace a meal, and they are a complement the daily diet that must be balanced. To find out which amount and food supplement is most recommended, it is always advisable to go to a nutritionist. In the case of people who practice physical activity and the nutritionist, they should also talk to the physical instructor to know what type of supplement they should take.
Classification Of Food Supplements
Food supplements are classified as:
- Hypercaloric Supplement: With a high energy value, it contains carbohydrates and amino acids that our body cannot produce;
- Protein Supplement: It has essential amino acids for the body, helping in the formation of muscles;
- Thermogenic Supplement: They increase metabolism, helping to lose weight and body fat.
- Whey Protein: It is used by athletes who want to increase muscle mass because it is rich in protein. It can be used by mixing in water or skimmed milk.
- Creatine: Composed of two amino acids (glycine and arginine), it has been considered an effective supplement in optimizing performance in physical activities, also increasing the percentage of lean body mass.
- Maltodextrin: It is a carbohydrate from corn starch. It has a slow absorption by the body, providing more energy during a workout that requires a long resistance, as it ends up releasing glucose throughout the training in small amounts.
- Albumin: It is recommended for athletes on a hypercaloric diet, as it is a protein with a high biological value and comes from egg whites. As it is a “light” protein, it is quickly absorbed by the body and is always recommended to be ingested as soon as you wake up (still fasting) or 30 minutes before bed.
- BCAA: BCAA supplements from snac sports nutrition store contain Leucine, Valine, and Isoleucine (they are abundant in meat and are not produced by the body). Making use of this supplement helps to reduce fatigue and to gain muscle mass.