Anemia is one of the most common blood disorders that affect too many people. It’s mostly common among women. But, sometimes it is hard to diagnose this ailment. The root cause of anemia is when the human body fails to produce enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to the tissues of the body. It is a symptom of low hemoglobin levels. People facing fatigue or low energy level should immediately consider an anemia blood test after contacting a doctor. Private lab testing can be a quicker and hassle-free way to get results.
Anemia Symptoms and Causes
There are different types of symptoms of anemia and not all people experience the same symptom. This disease may occur in people of all ages, and sexes.
- Low body temperature
- Shortness of breath
- Pale skin
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
Anemia is a condition when an individual’s body doesn’t make enough red blood cells. Here are different causes of developing anemia –
- Iron deficiency: This is the most common cause which occurs due to the storage of iron in the body. Heavy menstrual bleeding, pregnancy, an ulcer in the stomach, and several other reasons can be responsible for huge blood loss and causing anemia.
- Weak diet: A poor diet or inadequate dietary intake can be responsible for anemia. It’s important to have iron-rich foods in the diet like dark green leafy vegetables, dates, beans, apricots, seafood, etc.
- Destruction of RBCs: When the human body is not able to create enough blood cells due to different reasons, anemia occurs. A complete anemia blood test requires a complete blood count (CBC) which will include the measurement of blood cells, hemoglobin level, and etc.
- Vitamin deficiency anemia: The lack of vitamin B12 in the body causes dietary deficiency. Other causes of vitamin deficiency may include alcohol abuse, medications, and intestinal disease.
- Thalassemia: This is another root cause of anemia. If someone faces mild symptoms of thalassemia then it requires no treatment but severe conditions generally require blood transfusions, folic acid supplements, etc.
How to manage anemia?
Anemia symptoms may last for a short time, or longtime but here are some ways that will help to manage anemia –
- Exercising regularly to fight weakness and other health issues. Yoga practice is a great way for strengthening inner health.
- Drinking enough water is important as it will keep the body hydrated.
- Have foods in the diet that aids in better iron absorption. Having iron-rich food which is rich in B12, B9, and C is a great idea to improve health conditions.
The doctors may ask for the family history of the patient to check if it’s a genetic disorder. If the anemia is caused due to internal bleeding then the doctors advise surgery to stop it. Carefully notice all the syndromes and explain them correctly to the doctor. Search for a trusted diagnostic center for the anemia blood test, without compromising with the health. Remember, anemia can lead to life-threatening complications, if not treated immediately.